On Short Term Mission Team Training
– *Training Manuals available at www.stemintl.org - A start to finish STM Team Leader/Member prep resource
• STEM Sending Partner Training Manuel
• STEM Leader Training Manuel
• STEM Team Member Training Manuel
– Training Manuals available at http://www.culturelinkinc.org – A start to finish STM Team Leader/Member prep resource
– http://www.roundtripmissions.com/ – You can subscribe to resources on their website, they offer a variety of training materials/articles.
1. *Livermore, David A. Serving With Eyes Wide Open (Doing Short-term Missions with Cultural Intelligence). Baker Books, Grand Rapids, MI, 2006.
2. *Lanier, Sarah A. Foreign to Familiar (A Guide to Understanding Hot and Cold Climate Cultures). McDougal Publishing, Hagerstown, MD, 2000.
3. Jordan, Peter. Re-Entry (Making the Transition From Missions to Life At Home). YWAM Publishing, Seattle, WA, 1992.
4. Ryrie, Charles C. Object Lessons. Moody Press, Chicago, IL 1981.
5. *Lisech, Howard and Bonnie. Walk As He Walked(Pre-trip journal and spiritual growth guide to preparing for short term mission). Deeper Roots Publications, Orlando, FL 1998.
6. Dearborn, Tim. Short-Term Missions Workbook (from Mission Tourists to Global Citizens). Intervarsity Press, Downers Grove, IL, 2003.
7. Eatson, Chris and Kim Hurst. Vacations with A Purpose (A planning Handbook for Your Short-Term Missions Team). Singles Ministry Resources, a division of Cook Communication Ministries, Colorado Springs, CO, 1996.
8. Johnston, Patrick, and Jason Mandryk. Operation World (When We Pray God Works). Bethany House Publishers, a division of Baker Publishing Group, A WEC International resource, Grand Rapids, MI, updated on a regular basis.
9. Spraggett, Daphne with Jill Johnstone. Window on the World (A companion resource to Operation World). Bethany House Publishers, a division of Baker Publishing Group, A WEC International resource, Grand Rapids, MI, 2001.
10. Judge, Judy. Before You Pack, Prepare Your Heart. STEM Press, Minneapolis, MN.
11. Hawthorne, Steve and Graham Kendrick. Prayer walking, Praying on Site With Insight. Creation House, Lake Mary, FL, 1993.
12. Corbett, Steve & Fikkert, Brian. When Helping Hurts. Moody Publishers, Chicago, IL, 2009.
On Mission Leadership
1. *Krallmann, Gunter. Mentoring For Mission (A Handbook on Leadership Principles Exemplified by Jesus Christ). Authentic Publishing, Atlanta, GA, 2002.
2. Gaukroger, Stephen. Your Mission, Should You Accept It…(An Introductions for World Christians). Intervarsity Press, Downers Grove, IL, 1996.
3. Lingenfelter, Sherwood G. Leading Cross-Culturally. Baker Academic, A division of Baker Publishing Group, Grand Rapids, MI, 2008.
4. Lingenfelter, Sherwood G. Ministering Cross-Culturally. Baker Academic, A division of Baker Publishing Group, Grand Rapids, MI, 1996, 2003.
5. *Elmer, Duane. Cross-Cultural Connections (Stepping Out and Fitting In Around the World). Intervarsity Press, Downers Grove, IL, 2002.
6. Pirolo, Neal. Serving As Senders (How to Care For Your Missionaries).Emmaus Road International, San Diego, CA 1991.
7. Blanchare, Ken and Mark Miller. The Secret (What Great Leaders Know and Do). Berrett-Koehler Publishers, Inc. San Francisco, CA, 2004, 2007.
8. Morgan, Tony and Time Stevens. Simply Strategic Volunteers (Empowering People for Ministry).Group Publishing, Loveland, CO, 2005.
9. Hybels, Bill. The Volunteer Revolution (Unleashing the Power of Everybody).Zondervan, Grand Rapids, MI, 2004.
10. *Chinn, Lisa Espineli. Re-Entry Guide for Short-Term Mission Leaders. Deeper Roots Publications, Orlando, FL 1998.
11. Werner, David. Where There is No Doctor (A village Health Care Handbook).The Hesperian Foundation, Berkeley, CA, 1992.
12. Standard First Aid. American Red Cross. Mosby Lifeline, St. Louis, MO, updated regularly.
13. *Peterson, Roger, Gordon Aeschliman and Wayne Sneed. Maximum Impact, Short-Term Mission. STEM Press, Minneapolis, MN.
14. www.mctwo.org – Conference audio workshops and notes for missionary care
15. Wood, Gene. Going Global. Church Smart Resources, St. Charles, IL, 2006.
16. Rath, Tom. Strengths Finders. Gallup Press, New York, NY, 2007.
17. *Hoksbergen, Roland. Serving God Globally. Baker Publishing Group, Grand Rapids, MI, 2012
18. Finley, Bob. Reformation in Foreign Missions. Christian Aid Mission, Charlottesville, VA, 2010.
On Personal Growth/Missions
1. *Barbara Bancroft, Running on Empty-The Gospel for Women in Ministry, New Growth Press, Greensboro NC, 2014.
2. Moreau, A. Scott, Gary R. Corwin, Gary B. McGee. Introducing World Missions (A Biblical, Historical and Practical Survey). Baker Academic, A division of Baker Publishing Group, Grand Rapids, MI, 2004.
3. Ott, Craig, Stephen J. Strauss, with Timothy C. Tennent. Encountering Theology of Mission (Biblical Foundations, Historical Developments, and Contemporary Issues). Baker Academic, A division of Baker Publishing Group, Grand Rapids, MI, 2010.
4. Steffen, Tom and Losi McKinney Douglas. Encountering Missionary Life and Work (Preparing for Intercultural Ministry). Baker Academic, A division of Baker Publishing Group, Grand Rapids, MI,2008.
5. Pocock, Michael, Gailyn Van Rheenen, Douglas McConnell. The Changing Face of World Missions (Engaging Contemporary Issues and Trends). Baker Academic, A division of Baker Publishing Group, Grand Rapids, MI, 2005.
6. McDermott, Gerald R. The Baker Pocket Guide to World Religions (What Every Christian Needs to Know). Baker Books, A division of Baker Publishing Group, Grand Rapids, MI, 2008.
7. Bauckham, Richard. Bible and Mission (Christian Witness in a Postmodern World). Baker Academic, A division of Baker Publishing Group, Grand Rapids, MI, 2003.
8. Verwer, George. Out Of The Comfort Zone (A Compelling Vision For Transforming Global Missions). Bethany House Publishers, A division of Baker Publishing Group, Grand Rapids, MI, 2000.
9. Haugen, Gary A. Good News About Injustice (A Witness of Courage In a Hurting World).Intervarsity Press, Downers Grove, IL, 1999.
10. Halverson, Dean C. A Compact Guide to World Religions. Bethany House Publishers, A division of Baker Publishing Group, Grand Rapids, MI, 1996.
11. Boyd, David. You Don’t Have to Cross the Ocean to Reach the World (The Power of Local Cross-Cultural Ministry). Chosen Books, A division of Baker Publishing Group, Grand Rapids, MI, 2008.
12. Twiss, Richard. One Church Many Tribes (Following Jesus the Way God Made You).Regal Books, Ventura, CA, 2000.
13. Hunt, T.W. Music and Mission: Discipling Through Music. Wipf and Stock Publishing, Eugene, OR, 2002.
14. M. Daniel Carroll R. Christians at the Border (Immigration, the Church and the Bible). Baker Academic, A division of Baker Publishing Group, Grand Rapids, MI, 2008.
15. *Rickett, Daniel, Making Your Partnership Work. Winepress Publishing, Enumclaw, WA, 2002.
16. *Rickett, Daniel. Building Strategic Relationships (A Practical Guide to Partnering with Non-Western Missions).Winepress Publishing, Enumclaw, WA, 2008.
17. Olson, Bruce. Bruchko. Creation House, Orlando, FL, 1995.
18. Stendal, Chadwick Martin. Walking in the Spirit in Colombia (A Matter of Life or Death). Self-published. 2002.
19. Cunningham, Loren. Is That Really You God? YWAM Publishing, Seattle, WA.
20. Smith, Stephen W. Soul Shaping-A Practical Guide for Spiritual Transormation. David C. Cook Publishing, Colorado Springs, CO. 2011.
21. Miller, Dr. Robert S., Spiritual Survival Handbook for Cross-Cultural Workers. An Imprint of Prioneers, BottomLine Media, Orlando, Florida 2011.
22. Piper, John. Don’t Waste Your Life. Crossway Books, Good News Publishers. Wheaton, Il, 2009.
23. Corbett, Steve & Fikkert, Brian. When Helping Hurts. Moody Publishers, Chicago, IL, 2009.
24. Dahlstrom, Richard. The Colors of Hope-Becoming People of Mercy, Justice and Love. Baker Publishing Group, Grand Rapids, MI, 2011.
Bethany College of Missions – www.bcom.org
Bethany Center for Global Studies – Masters program – www.bethanycgs.org
On Travel Insurance
1. Wallach & Company Inc. – click on the grapes = “Health Care Abroad” at www.wallach.com
2. Travelex at www.tripinsurancestore.com/travelex.shtml
3. Check comparisons on www.tripinsurancestore.com
4. Blue Cross, AAA and State Farm offer short term coverage for any length of time to whatever country needed.
Online Sites with Resources:
1. www.stemintl.org/publications (click on the Publications tab)
*The STEM Training Notebooks (for leaders and team training)is recommended for preparing and training teams for short-term missions–pre-mission, during mission, after mission.
- STEM Sending Partner Training Manuel
- STEM Team Leader’s Notebook
- STEM Team Member Training Manuel
The Next Mile Series (Goer Guides)– recommended for youth and adult team preparation for short and long term mission. http://www.thenextmile.org/goer-guide/
- Recommended effective prayer walking tools and guides
- Mission Trip Devotional Resources
- Excellent Youth Mission Resources, Devotionals, Teaching for missions prep
5. www.e3resources.org – evangelism made simple
- The Evangecube- an effect children’s evangelism tool. Check out other resources.
7. New Life International – Safe Water for a Thirsty World www.waterfortheworld.com
8. www.Joshuaproject.net – tons of videos and resources
9. Grassroots News – www.grassrootsnews.tv – designed by YWAM for accurate news world wide regarding the greatest challenges and needs
10. MAPP – obtain a packet of what to do with your teams (Ministry Activity Preparation Packet) www.sfmapp.com .
11. Youth on Mission – http://yom.org/missions-resources
12. Spanish Speaking Sunday School Materials – FREE – http://www.covchurch.org/
13. The NEW updated Jesus Film project (led by Bill Wolfe-Director)
- Go to their Web site = www.jesusfilmmedia.org – CHECK THIS OUT!! USE YOUR LAPTOP (It’s a bonus if you have technology to plug into a viewing/sound system!) . You pull up the map of the world and choose the place, and then choose the language ON LINE = the film is given in your desired language. Use your droid or iPhone phone FREE to view the film. The film is in 1260 languages in only 4 mega bites!
GO TO GET APPS AT:
- Go to your app store, type in Jesus Film Ap
- Google Play: Jesus Film App
More Exciting Translation NEWS:
- Now for the small language groups,they will be recording one voice and using a digital translator rather than hiring and recording the entire cast to make available for more languages.
- For people groups 50,000 or more they are committed to record the entire voice overs.
- Three NEW available Tools for Cross Cultural ministry use of the film:
They sell a Projection Unit: Table top sized sound system, back pack sized to get to remote places which includes:
- 3 hour battery pack (can plug into a car)
- Sound system is loud enough for groups of 200 people
- Screen is made of Parachute material
- Projector the size of an iPhone